It is currently Tue May 21, 2019 2:44 pm

All times are UTC





Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 23 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
  Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
Author Message
PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2014 9:03 am 
Offline

Joined: Fri Mar 08, 2013 6:09 pm
Posts: 168
Hi Danny and gang
Really enjoying watching the games. Looks like Glasgow is a very busy place at present. So glad Danny your gout has now gone and I can relate to your ingrown toenail pain too. Have had several removed over the years. OUCH! Laughed at you saying that's the first lady that's made you cry in years. :lol: Weather here terribly hot one day was 96 degrees and I thought I would pass away quietly. :lol: All the best for your trip up for the reunion Danny. I bet you will have a great time. Be sure and let us know it goes. Hi to everyone else on here, Amelia I too hope you and your husband are doing well. Bye for now, Sheila


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 11:47 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Jan 13, 2013 2:47 pm
Posts: 387
Location: Llondon/England
Hi Shelia +Gang,
Yes it was a brilliant night at the reunion and I posted a wee run down on it on the other "comment page" here on our site. I had a great week meeting up with a lot of pals in the Gorbals and had a few drinks in the Brazen head, Sharkeys and the Laurieston bars meeting many people and having a few swallys into the bargain ha ha . I even met up with Colin Mackie and his good lady Elsie at the Southern Necropolis last Sunday for an hour and a half and they told me so much about the graveyard that I never knew, it was fascinating !!!, we had a look at the "White Lady" monument and I was thinking here was me 55 years since the last time I played in here wow. I met up with an old school mate of mine from wee Bonnies and the last time we had met was 54 years previously, we Met in the Laurieston bar and he brought his lovely wife Liz with him. We sat for over 5 hours going down memory lane. What a great week , 'am now saving up for next year now lol.

Regards.
Danny :)


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2014 11:47 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:00 pm
Posts: 72
Location: Rutherglen
Woops, not been on for a while, a wee push from Amelia helped me on the way
Been busy on other stuff, photos etc
I had changed search engines and lost all my favourites, this was one of them
No matter that's it bookmarked, no excuse for not popping on from time to time

Not sure if you know about a new book called Gorbals form the 1970s, script by Peter Mortimer ( Gorbals boy) and photos by Duncan McCallum )
Another wee book is, A Citizens Archive By Sarah Fishlock, costs £5 and can be bought from The Citizens Theatre or Street Level Photography, Trongate, I have a few of my photo's in the book and on the cover

Bye for now, norrie


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2014 1:29 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Jan 13, 2013 2:47 pm
Posts: 387
Location: Llondon/England
norrie wrote:
Woops, not been on for a while, a wee push from Amelia helped me on the way
Been busy on other stuff, photos etc
I had changed search engines and lost all my favourites, this was one of them
No matter that's it bookmarked, no excuse for not popping on from time to time

Not sure if you know about a new book called Gorbals form the 1970s, script by Peter Mortimer ( Gorbals boy) and photos by Duncan McCallum )
Another wee book is, A Citizens Archive By Sarah Fishlock, costs £5 and can be bought from The Citizens Theatre or Street Level Photography, Trongate, I have a few of my photo's in the book and on the cover

Bye for now, norrie



Hi Norrie,
Good to hear from you again mate, I did buy the Gorbals in the 70#s by Peter and Duncan and what a great book it is, with plenty of photos [some I hadn't seen before] and great info beside each photo too. I must look up this other book Norrie [see if I can get it online ?]. Speak later mate , hope all s well wth you and your Family.

Regards.
Danny :)


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2014 6:45 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:00 pm
Posts: 72
Location: Rutherglen
Hi Danny, we are fine and dandy
Looks like I must have mentioned the first book on here some time ago, woops


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2014 11:49 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Jan 13, 2013 2:47 pm
Posts: 387
Location: Llondon/England
norrie wrote:
Hi Danny, we are fine and dandy
Looks like I must have mentioned the first book on here some time ago, woops


Hi Norrie,
No probs m8 we all do that sometimes [especially myself ha ha ], it's such a good book with plenty of photos and info it's well worth a mention or two.
Regards.
Danny :)


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2014 8:35 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2013 2:51 pm
Posts: 105
Sorry, I have not been on in ages...No computer...My husband spilled a drink all over our laptop and it was only two years old so we had to go out and buy another one...Not a laptop this time but a big screen with a separate keyboard...This has been a bad couple of weeks...then the car needed four new tyres so that was another expense...I guess all my Christmas savings have gone up in smoke...ugh
Anyway, here in New Jersey today the sun is shining but we are to get very, very cold weather before the end of the week...
Most of the leaves are off the trees and we have leaves piled high and wide on all the streets waiting for the town to come and pick them up...We can bag them, if we like, but I am getting to old for picking them up with the rake and getting them in these big bags...Otherwise we have nothing to complain about...Another two weeks and it will be Thanksgiving here...I call it the big American pigout because people eat like the food is going out of style...I like it, do not get me wrong because it is a nice time for families to get together and then there is the bid parade in New York to watch on TV...Went a couple of times when the boys were small but nowadays I would rather watch from the comfort of my kitchen. Hi Amelia, I bet you are getting busy making your wee cards for Christmas.

Hope all you Gorbalites are well.
Margaret
gbya


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2014 12:30 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Jan 13, 2013 2:47 pm
Posts: 387
Location: Llondon/England
margaretmcgettigan wrote:
Sorry, I have not been on in ages...No computer...My husband spilled a drink all over our laptop and it was only two years old so we had to go out and buy another one...Not a laptop this time but a big screen with a separate keyboard...This has been a bad couple of weeks...then the car needed four new tyres so that was another expense...I guess all my Christmas savings have gone up in smoke...ugh
Anyway, here in New Jersey today the sun is shining but we are to get very, very cold weather before the end of the week...
Most of the leaves are off the trees and we have leaves piled high and wide on all the streets waiting for the town to come and pick them up...We can bag them, if we like, but I am getting to old for picking them up with the rake and getting them in these big bags...Otherwise we have nothing to complain about...Another two weeks and it will be Thanksgiving here...I call it the big American pigout because people eat like the food is going out of style...I like it, do not get me wrong because it is a nice time for families to get together and then there is the bid parade in New York to watch on TV...Went a couple of times when the boys were small but nowadays I would rather watch from the comfort of my kitchen. Hi Amelia, I bet you are getting busy making your wee cards for Christmas.

Hope all you Gorbalites are well.
Margaret
gbya



Hi Margaret,
That's bad news about drink being spilled over your lap-top and Tyres for the car !!! it never rains but it pours eh lol. Well I hope the cols snap you are expecting is not too bad as we usually get what happens in the States [weather wise a few weeks later] !!!, all the leaves are falling fast now off of the trees but because we live in Sheltered Housing the Council are always round sucking them up into one of those man -carried things on their back and our road sweeper tidies all the leaves into bags and the Council van picks them up. Hope you get the "hang" of your new "lap-top" on the big screen, changed days from the auld soo-side we were brought up in Margaret eh ha ha. Hope you Hubby and all the Family have a very happy Christmas and a healthy and wealthy New Year. x

Regards.
Danny. :)


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2014 1:03 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2013 2:51 pm
Posts: 105
HI Danny and Gang....Got a new computer and am back in business again...Hope everyone on this site is well and it looks like no one is adding any new posts...Whit, are you all on Facebook? This has been a great place to meet and greet old Gorbals pals so I hope I see some of the old folks back on here again.

Oh, Amelia, I owe you and e:mail and I promise I will get it out to you this week...Here in New Jersey we did not have the snow that the people up in Buffalo had about ten days ago...That was horrible and a couple of people died because of it...

I see in the Times that you all have Black Friday in Glasgow...Whit a mess that is...We had Thanksgiving here on Thursday and it used to be a holiday for everlyone, a family holiday no matter what colour or creed you were...But, now a lot of the big shops are open so they can get the people in before Black Friday...All our holidays are now reduced to the almighty pound and dollar...Where is Jesus in all of this. 'Nuf said.
Margaret
gbya


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2014 10:23 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:00 pm
Posts: 72
Location: Rutherglen
Hi Margaret Mcgettigan, nice to see you back on the Board
FaceBook? too many members from some of the ones I am an on are posting away on FB
I don't like it, its like a big roll of toilet paper
I have to be on it as I am part of the admin teams on a few FB pages
I heard last week that building will continue in Gorbals and Oatland's till 2020
Norfolk Court at Gorbals Cross, should be emptied by the 17th of December, I have no idea when it will be demolished


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 23 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 0 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron



Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
skymiles v1.0.1 designed by Team - Codemiles forum -سيارات للبيع.