It is currently Tue Nov 13, 2018 6:39 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
  Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2014 7:00 pm 

Hi I am hoping someone on here will be able to help me to find James Mclaughlin or any relative of him, the last address I have is 142 Naburn street he lived here 1950's and he would have been in his 20's, I believe he may have had brothers, his fathers name was Partick and mother Annie.
Any help would be appreciated

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2014 9:58 am 

debido10 wrote:
Hi I am hoping someone on here will be able to help me to find James Mclaughlin or any relative of him, the last address I have is 142 Naburn street he lived here 1950's and he would have been in his 20's, I believe he may have had brothers, his fathers name was Partick and mother Annie.
Any help would be appreciated

Hi "Debid10"
Sorry I can't help you here but there a lot of McLaughlin's in the Gorbals area and it may pay you to widen your search if you go to Face-book and ask in one of the Gorbals face-book sites = Old Gorbals Pictures , The Dampies or Gorbals Columbo's Adventures. Hopefully if you post on one of these sites you may find someone who does know/remember James, good luck in your quest.
Regards.
Danny :)

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 3:11 pm 

Hi Debido,
Like Danny I am unable to give you concrete evidence about James but what I can tell you is
in about the mid - fifties I moved from the Gorbals to Knightswood and I knew a family a couple of doors
along at number 390 Dyke Road. They were called McLaughlin I cannot remember the fathers name but there was a James and another son whose name I cannot remember.
I seemed to recall that one brother was a boxer and the other was delivering coal as I remember him wearing a hessian sack over his head and it would cover and protect his shoulders. I believe he was about
19 0r 20 in the mid fifties but a way for you to check is to go to the Census between 1954 and 1960 and you will see who the McLaughlins were at 390 Dyke Road , Glasgow W3< That was the old district code > as I never knew where they originally came from.
It is a long shot but good luck and best regards .

Reg

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]