It is currently Sun Jul 22, 2018 12:36 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ] 
  Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: January 2002
PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 10:39 pm 
Site Admin

I can't believe I have found this website, I've just started surfing.

I met my late husband in the Gorbals, The George Bar in Eglinton Street in 1964. My husband was brought up in the Gorbals, Warwick Street. His name was David Sharp a Taxi Driver with The South Tel South 3535.

Has anyone out there got a picture of the George Bar? I was a barmaid there when I met Davie. You can contact me at asharp@fsnet.co.uk

Please keep sending in stories.

Submitted by: Anne Sharp
Livingston, Scotland
13/01/02

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

If anyone can send me info on the Gorbals in 1935 and also any history of Razor Kings in the Gorbals it would be most appreciated.

Also, if anyone has any sample essays written on the novel "No Mean City" by A. McArthur and H. Kingsley Long, I would love to have a read at them.

You can email me at grouse_is@hotmail.com thanks.

Submitted by: Not supplied
Glasgow, Scotland
03/01/02

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Does anyone remember Dr Gladstone Robertson who's office was on the next street over from Bridge/Eglinton Street, and just below Cumberland Street? That would be from the 1950's plus.

It was a sizeable practice with about 2 or 3 other doctors. I believe a book was written about him.

Submitted by: Edward McVey
Ontario, Canada
03/01/02

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ]